Check Software Version
Determine if you are running the latest version of Hoylu applications:
1 Open your Hoylu application either Sketch, Flow, or Paper
2 From the Menu, select Help
3 The version number will appear
To ensure you are on the latest version:
1 Within the Help section, click on Check for software update…
- If your software is fully updated, you will see the Software Update Check dialog box with the text “Your software is up to date”
- If a new version is available, the Software Update Check dialogue box will prompt will you to update
Send Log Files
Need help troubleshooting an issue? Follow these step-by-step instructions to send additional details to support.
- Visit https://hoylu.com/SupportTools/GetHoyluLogs.zip to download latest log tool
- Open Get Hoylu Logs.zip application file
- Double click the Get Hoylu Logs.exe file to run it
- Click More info in “Windows protected your PC” dialog box
- Click Run anyway button
- A console window should appear and the Hoylu Logs.zip file will be created in desktop
- Send an email to email@example.com with the Hoylu Logs.zip file attached
Upgrading from Device Edition to Personal Edition
If you have Device Edition and want to upgrade to Personal Edition please make sure to do the fallowing steps. Do not simply install the Personal Edition over the top of Device Edition. Some licensing files need to be removed first and this article will help you do that.
1 Download New Version of Software
- Go to the Download page for Hoylu and download the latest version of Personal Edition.
- Back up all essential files that you have generated for Device Edition.
2 Remove Device Edition
- Open ‘Add or Remove Programs’ and find the section in the menu where Hoylu files a located. You need to uninstall the program called ‘Hoylu Device Edition’.
- Once the program is removed; you will be prompted to restart the system, please do so.
- Once the system is back up from the restart open the file explorer.
- In the top bar you can enter the file path. Type in %programdata%\hoylu\ and find the ‘License Files’ folder. Delete this folder. Next navigate to %programdata%\we-inspire\ and find the ‘License Files’ folder and remove that as well. Note that the we-inspire folder may not exist for your system. If you can’t find it, move on to the next step.
- Restart the PC.
3 Install Personal Edition
- Navigate to the ‘Downloads’ folder and click on the ‘Personal Edition’ installer.
- It will ask you restart the software after the installation is complete. Allow the software to do so.
- Open Sketch and create a new account using your email. Make sure to respond to the verification email.
- Start using the software.
Paper Application Not Working After Install
The Paper application may not work after installing it and pairing a pen. When you install the Paper application as part of Connected Workspaces™, you need to restart the system in order for the Paper application to work properly.
Sketch or Flow is Reacting Very Slowly
Sketch and Flow save each stroke and item as a separate files in RAM. After some time, the allocated memory fills up and it starts to slow down. The very easy fix for this is to save your progress, close the program in question, and then reopen it. If you have multiple instances open of the program close down each one and then open them back up. The more RAM you have the longer it will take for something like this to happen.
Next check to see if there are any programs that are running updates in the background. More often than not with the Windows 10 system, it is updating at the time this issue occurs.
Digital Pens No Longer Showing as Connected
Look at the pens, there is a light in the center of the pen. This will tell you what state the pen is in.
1 If the pens are showing a red blinking light or solid red light:
Turn them off and charge them. They have run low on battery.
2 If the pens have a blinking green light:
They are in discovery mode and need to be paired with the system. Open the Bluetooth menu and select “Add Device”. This will put the system into discovery mode. The pens will show up as an input device. The Bluetooth password is 0000.
3 If the pens are showing a green light and are still not working:
Make sure that the pens are connected to the correct device. Open Hoylu Central and see if the pens are being shown as connected. If the pen does not appear in this menu, check the Bluetooth for the system. Go to the system trey and open the Bluetooth menu. This will show you the current active Bluetooth device connected to the system. If the pens do not appear you will need to reconnect them.
If the pens are there then you may have competing Bluetooth receivers on the PC. To check for this open search (Cortana) and search for “Device Manager”. Once the Device Manager open navigate to the section labeled “Bluetooth”. Open this section. There should be a single “Generic Bluetooth Receiver” in this area. If there is an additional one labeled “On-board” or “Integrated” then you need to disable that one. Right click on the device and click ‘Disable’.
Pen Appears to Not Hold a Charge because it Does Not Power On
1 Hold power button down and plug pen into USB charger
2 Keep power button pressed down while connected to USB charger for 10 seconds
3 Remove pen from USB charger with power button still pressed down
4 Release power button and pen should reset and turn back on
Offset Between Pen and Cursor
This issue usually occurs after having done several re-calibration of the Scalable software in a row or the system has had one of it projectors severely knocked out of alignment and then Scalable is used to solve the issue. What has happened is that the pens are now not calibrated to the same resolution they used to be. To fix the issue run the Core calibration again.